After the successful youth stakeholders’ meeting held at CCC International Conference Cathedral, Imeko City, Ogun State in December 2022, where youths from different parts of the world were in attendance, the Youth Development and Empowerment Committee (YDEC) of the Pastor-in-Council deliberated and ratified the resolutions reached at the meeting as follows:
- The tenure of the International Youth Council (IYC) as approved by His Eminence, The Pastor, Rev. EMF Oshoffa, via a Pastoral Release dated July 6th,2016, has lapsed and should be re-constituted.
- Election of new officers into the IYC will come up in December 2023 during the International Youth Convention at Imeko City, Ogun State.
- A Bye-Law Committee has been constituted to provide a draft byelaw for the operations of the IYC henceforth. This committee is expected to submit the draft copy of the Byelaw on Friday, March 31st,2023.
- The members of the Bye-Law Committee are:
– SMSE Oweisi Dogubo (Nigeria) – Chairman
– Hon Evang Bismak Jones (Ghana) – Member
– Prophetess Epouhe Lumiere (Cameroon) – Member
– MSE Ano Joseph (Cote Ivoire) – Member
– Evang. John Olufawo (Europe) – Member
– MSE Solomon Odaro (America) – Member
– S/S/Ldr Alade Olayinka (Nigeria) – Secretary
- After the adoption of the Bye-Law draft, an electoral committee will be constituted to organize and conduct the elections during the International Youth Convention at Imeko in December 2023.
- Meanwhile, the incumbent IYC will run the affairs of the council till the election of new officers hold in December 2023.
- However, MSE David Bello, who happens to be the coordinator of the incumbent IYC, has stepped down for the Assistant Coordinator, Asst. Ldr. Abolaji Oluwarotimi, to preside over the affairs of the council till December 2023, when the election of the new officers holds.
- For clarity’s sake, the IYC mandate is to plan and coordinate youth activities like seminars, lectures, etc, at the international level. They are not to formulate any policy for the youths worldwide.
- A letter has been dispatched to the office of His Eminence, The Pastor & Spiritual Head, CCC Worldwide, to intimate him of the developments, as well as get his approval.