A seven member Investigative Panel has been constituted by His Eminence, Reverend Emmanuel Mobiyina Oshoffa, Pastor and Spiritual Head of the Celestial Church of Christ Worldwide, following the controversy generated by the activities of MC Folake Akintan of the Celestial Church of Christ, Central Parish, Circuit Headquarters, Benin City, Edo State.
In a statement issued on Friday by the Head of Media and Publicity, Celestial Church of Christ Worldwide, Sup. Evang. Kayode Ajala, M.P.I.C, “the Investigative Panel is to look into the circumstances surrounding the ‘Benin, Edo State, Female Shepherd Controversy’ with a view to enforcing the rules and ordinances of the C.C.C. concerning female priesthood, correcting the anomalies committed, preventing future occurences, recommending sanctions for violators and submitting a report to the Pastor and Spiritual Head, Celestial Church of Christ Worldwide, at the end of its assignment.
The members of the Committee are as follows:
- Most Superior Evangelist Olusegun Olarinde (Chairman)
- Assistant Most Superior Evangelist Noah Ikumehinlo (Member)
- Venerable Superior Evangelist Adeboyeku Okanlawon (Member)
- Venerable Superior Evangelist Elijah Brikins (Member)
- Venerable Superior Evangelist Femi Obiyan (Member)
- Venerable Superior Evangelist Samuel Osodi (Member)
- Assistant Venerable Superior Evangelist Otus Oviawe (Member)
The Panel is expected to submit its report within two weeks.